jueves, 12 de abril de 2012

QUESTION TAGS

Hi guys,                    
Sorry I haven´t posted anything for a while but I have been away visiting Bilbao and San Sebastián, two amazing cities that I deeply recommend you to visit!
As you know, we are studying "Question tags" in unit 7, it´s a very useful grammar point because you´ll find it in everyday conversation.
We use tag questions at the end of statements to ask for confirmation. They mean something like: "Am I right?" or "Do you agree?" They are very common in English.
As found in www.englishclub.com, the basic structure is:
To read more about question tags and do exercises click here: http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verbs-questions-tag-positive.htm

statementquestion tag
+
Positive statement,
-
negative tag?
Snow is white,isn't it?
-
Negative statement,
+
positive tag?
You don't like me,do you?

No hay comentarios: