martes, 10 de enero de 2012

BORROW VERSUS LEND

Hi everyone!Today´s post is about two easily confused verbs that we are going to study in unit 4 (intermediate students).These 2 verbs are Borrow and lend.
Borrow means to take something from someone, with permission and with the intention of giving it back. You usually say: I borrowed this pen drive from my sister.

On the other hand, you say lend to give something to someone, with the expectation that s/he will return it, as: can you lend me a pencil, please?
Functions and examples

1. We use borrow to say that we take something temporarily with the intention of returning it.
Can I borrow your car?
She borrowed $100 from her father.
2. We use lend to say that we give something temporarily with the intention of having it returned.
Can you lend me your car?
Her father lent her $100.
Her father lent $100 to his daughter
Click here http://english-zone.com/verbs/lend1.html and do this quiz online.

No hay comentarios: